About Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies
We began as a small store at 4307 Centinela Avenue in Mar Vista. In 1926, Al Barnes, the co-owner of the Carson and Barnes Circus, decided that he wanted his own city. The building that became the future home of Centinela Feed was the city hall for Barnes City. Barnes City only lasted less than a year before it became a part of Los Angeles. However, that was long enough for the building to be later declared a historical landmark.
In the 1930s the building became a feed and paint store. Over the next forty years, the business had four different owners. In 1974 Tom and Mieko Nakagawa purchased Centinela Feed. Tom and Mieko are the parents of the current owners Chris and Dwight Nakagawa.